Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Delicious mixing pt. 2! Second batch! ....VOTE for Reecie!!!

Cosmopolitanism and UK… eat up!

Another passage that represents the kinds of social interactions and ethical considerations that I’ve experienced as a first year is in Chapter 9: The Counter-Cosmopolitans. There are many quotes I could take from this passage since it all talks about these (evil) counter-cosmopolitans, but one that would work for what I’m going to discuss is probably: “These counter-cosmopolitans do think that there is one right way for all human beings to live; that all the differences must be in the details.” I think a good example of how that applies to me at UK right now is probably politics. As we discussed in class, politics is one of those subjects you aren’t supposed to talk about, along with religion and…. Batman and superman? (this turned out to be true once the subject was brought up lol). I myself am not that into politics, but I do know who I am going to vote for (EVERBODY GO VOTE NOV. 4TH!). If someone wants to vote for the other party, that’s not like an issue for me because everyone has the right to choose for themselves. I am not going to convince them to vote for who I am voting for. But I know you counter-cosmos are out there…. You want people to vote for either OBAMA or MCCAIN! (by the way I am not going to tell you who I’m voting for cause I do not want to be subject to you counter-cosmopolitans!!!). You might be a counter-cosmopolitan and not realize it till reading this. But the counter-cosmopolitans are the ones who start talking your head off when you tell them who you are voting for. They are endlessly trying to convince you that you are voting for the wrong person, and the only “right” way to vote is their way. I’ve had smaller less dramatic conversations with people and have seen people arguing for both candidates, stating that only their choice is the right one, and everyone else has to have the same choice. If we would all just let each other choose for ourselves, then it would all just be peachy cream aka good. We all have the freedom to decide on our own right?

And dont forget to VOTE... November 4th!!!
Thanks for reading
and vote for Reecie! *peace sign* aka *duces*
-Reeice ^_^

No comments: