Saturday, October 11, 2008

Make sure to pass out Reecies at Halloween!!! More 2nd Life Investiga... err Observations.






That’s right, it’s Halloween at Bogart’s!
Bogart’s has added some nice decorations for Halloween. Pumpkin patches set around the island with pumpkins for sale. It makes me feel like the people on this island are very into celebration type things. As my role in the group is the passive interacter. In this role I basically walk around observing, talking to people if I see anything that strikes me as new or different and I strike up a conversation if the occasion arises. I was approached by a gentleman who seems to be looking for some chatting. I found out that he comes to Bogart’s looking to relax to the smooth jazz music. He felt Bogart’s was his place where he could just “chill out” without having to worry about being bothered by anyone. He was holding a beer, and many of the patrons also had different beverages such as martinis. I also found out he was looking for a “date” (companion… however you want to call it). This brings up the point that I have noticed a lot of romantic things at Bogart’s. Outside Bogart’s I found the first kissing “station” (blue and pink balls you can click to start kissing with your partner). Inside I found a cuddle pose station, another kissing station, and outside I found rather more passionate kissing stations as well as a hugging station (some of the cuddle poses made me say awww.. lol). It seems that Bogart’s not only allows but promote people to have some PDA (public displays of affection). On this trail I decided to search a bit more inside Bogart’s. Going to the 2nd floor, there are very intimate dinning settings… a dinner table for 2 by itself with a view of the city. I might partially regret investigating the 3rd floor, because as I have been up there before, I had not examined the 3 rooms fully. The middle room (Frank Sinatra room) is like a conference room, the only one I had seen previously. One of the other two rooms was the Marilyn Monroe room and I will just conclude my findings as saying this is a “love” room. As well as the last room. After inquiring a few people I found out that many people at Bogart’s are looking for dates to dance with, chat with, have second life dinner and drinks with, and then maybe take a trip to the 3rd floor with. Bogart’s is a very chill relaxed party vibe kind of place. People socializing, dancing, all around having a good time… and with my new findings maybe even finding the love of their Second Life. Very chill place with good music and fun people looking for a good time :D


(my groupmate Charlie and I testing out the "soulmate" pose :P )



See you in Second Life maybe?
Thanks again, this is
Reecie ^_^

No comments: