Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Reecies SL Adventures... errr.. Observations :)

Observations of Second Life

After going about Bogart’s Jazz Club in Second Life there are quite a few things I have observed. It is pretty self explanatory as to what this island is; its main focus is a jazz club. It is themed within a period that jazz was a big hit, probably around the 20’s to the 50’s (not that it isn’t a hit today). Everything from the scenery to the clothing and music, I feel as if I am in that time period. You are greeted soon after arriving by an auto message from the island, and feel welcomed. I can name a few major things I have noticed so far. Firstly, right after I first arrived on the island I had attempted to fly and noticed that, well, I couldn’t. They seem to have created a no fly island, my assumption is that they want to keep it as close as they can to that time period, and no one was flying around in the 40’s lol. Secondly, when you reach Bogart’s you notice a big sign under the title of the club that says “Humans only please.” Again I suspect that this is to keep Bogart’s with a certain reputation, which is to stay in the era they are portraying. Next as you move closer to the entrance door, there is a message you receive that states the dress code; formal (ball gowns, tuxedos, etc.). It begins to feel a little strict with all these “rules,” perhaps they want me to follow a certain lifestyle while I am here? As you enter Bogart’s properly dressed, there is a club greeter standing at the door. She/he is a greeter and dress code enforcer, but all have been very nice. I notice the club is centered around the dance floor and 2 large staircases (that seem to ask you to walk upstairs). The 2nd floor is less popular and more secluded, and it has many pictures of old actors, singers and musicians. The overall environment seems friendly and social. Many people talking, greeting, and dancing. I place I am growing to like a lot :)

This is Reecie
See you in Second Life ^_^

No comments: