Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Class / Cosmopolitanism Ch. 1

Hey!
So like many others, this is also my very first blog. Woot! lol. Although I have been active in forums before (yes, I play an online game :P ).

So, I really enjoyed todays class. I was an Alpha. It was very interesting to see how the other culture (Betas) reacted to our culture, and also how I felt in their culture. The two cultures seemed to be very opposite. No matter how many times I flashed my insult card while in the Beta culture, they didn't understand what I was doing, so as an Alpha, I was very insulted.. haha. Overall, I thought it was very intriguing as well as fun.

I have started reading Cosmopolitanism, up to the end of chapter 1. I find it interesting so far. As for the first person talked about in chapter 1, Richard Burton, I think its crazy that a single person could learn that many languages, and about all those different cultures. I look forward to reading more of this book, and finding out more about the "cosmopolitans" and "anti-cosmopolitans". To quote the end of chapter 1...

"There is no Good, there is no Bad;
these be the whims of mortal will."

"Was he right?"

1 comment:

Raito Genira said...

That quote reminds me of the Shakespeare quote! "Nothing is good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

By the way, I love the title of your blog.