Saturday, September 13, 2008

Reecie's Second Life

Hi again all. Reecie is the name, Second Life is the game. In Second Life I had to choose an avatar for myself. Instead of going for the character that was completely opposite of me, or deformed (lol), I decided to choose a character that reflected my virtual self. I guess not only by looks, but even by the name of the look I chose.

When first getting into the game, before even logging in, you’re required to choose a set avatar (that you can later configure to your liking). I went for the “girl next door” look. The avatar girl had brown hair in a pony tail, a pink polka dot dress, and black heels on. Girl next door would be a good way to describe me. I’m your typical “nice” girl, not very wild or crazy (although I can’t say that’s true 100% of the time, but I’m sure we all have our moments). I like being girly and dressing cute, which also go with the whole “girl next door” thing.

Once in Second Life, I did start making slight changes to my avatar. I turned her pony tail into longer hair. I adjusted her weight and height a bit. Made slight adjustments to her facial details. Gave her some pink nail polish lol. Once I finished with her appearance, I turned to her clothing. After finding a few clothing items from the free section (and after figuring out how to get the clothes out), I went ahead and altered her look. Even though I liked the pink polka dot dress, I decided to change to some black jeans and a UK T-Shirt (had to show my UK pride haha).

Overall, in a way, my avatar exemplifies me. If I was a virtual character, that’s how I would look lol. I might want to change my walk though, since my avatar walks with a limp hehe.

Thanks for reading :)
-Reecie Foxtrot

No comments: