Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Reecie's Geo-Bio Peanut Butter

In Second Life we are able to choose “home” sites. When deciding on a home site for myself, I wanted to choose a place where I already felt comfortable. Since I have not travelled to many places, I choose the place that I have explored the most. I feel that when I’m on the Island, it’s almost like my home away from home..lol. I guess that being familiar with a place makes me feel almost safe when I go back to the home site, and it is just like a virtual home away from home. I feel that everyone on my home island are friendly, and I don’t feel intimidated. I do intend on exploring more sites in SL, but I’m pretty positive I am going to keep my current home site as my home site.

As for my group for the SL Project, I am part of the Arts & Culture group. Although it wasn’t my first choice (my first choice group was already too full!), it was definitely a second choice for me. In real life I’m interested in the arts and culture, so it will be very interesting to be able to explore it in SL. From the looks of the sites we have already seen for the Arts & Culture, some were very cool (Bogart’s for example), and one in particular was very shady (liquid rock- everyone was way too friendly, and it reminded me as some sort of cult, as im sure my classmates agreed.. haha). But I look forward to exploring the other arts and cultures sites we were given.

This is Reecie, signing off..
Thanks for reading ^_^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Reecie! Looks like you gave your home location a lot more thought than I did. :) That's really cool that you can actually have a feeling of being safe inside Second Life. Too bad you didn't get your first choice, but it seems your second is working out very well! I'll try to stay up-to-date with your blog.