Monday, September 22, 2008

Reecie's chocolatey part in Tenacious III !!!!

In Second Life, my group and I have already established many skills. I would skill we are at skill level 2. The skill level 1 skills, walking, flying, talking, sitting, and dancing have become easy skills. We’re taking off and landing all the time! Flying is a great way to see your surroundings at a bigger scale. I have also altered my appearance quite a bit and have been teleporting to explore new places. The skills from skill level 2 took a little more time to understand, but I am pretty confident with them now. Changing outfits and hair, taking things off, opening a box (that took a little practice because it was lagged or something lol), and I have become a lover of shopping for freebies! Now if only I could find a decent hairstyle lol.

Our group name is Tenacious III. Cause well, we are the Tenacious III. Haha. I think that says it all, I have no other explanation lol. (other than.. we rock! Lol :P) My role in our group in Second Life is going to be “The Passive Interacter”(yes I think we created a word there lol). Im going to interact more with the community we chose. With the objects and world itself rather than the people. I will be interacting with people to find out where to go for entertainment. Watching to see where most of the people, are going and follow them, and see what most are doing. Overall I am not going to be aggressive. I am just interacting with things I find in the world and seeing how it affects myself or others, and what it can tell me about their culture. What the people can tell me about their culture without having to forcefully emerge myself in the culture. I look forward to seeing what my group and I will find out :)

Thats all for now folks
Thanks for reading ^_^
-Reecie Foxtrot.. your friendly treat :)

1 comment:

Phoolendu Naidoo said...

I think the role you have created for yourself is quite nice. I think one of the better ways to observe a culture in its natural form is by just blending in. If you went and made a big show and became the center of attention, then your interference would probably act as a means for the culture to shift and process an outsider. Also I agree about looking for good hair...I put on a party hat from my inventory and it just decided to delete all of my hair, and the hat doesn't even sit on my head...oh well