Monday, November 24, 2008

Brand New Episode of: Reecie's Thought Pieces!!!

*suspenseful music* Last time on Reecie's Thought Pieces:
Reecie asks the question, Do people need a change of scene?
And now, its time for a brand new episode of.. Reecie and her Though Pieces....

:P

All joking aside... This week I would first like to say I am so glad last week is over.. With 3 Exams and one 5 page paper to write I am definately ready for this upcoming break.
Anyways, this week, I'm going to "borrow" a small idea from my classmate Phoolendu and build on it a little bit. After reading his blog (phoolendunaidoo.blogspot.com) I was realizing something that I thought was only me. He mentions that in his UK Project site he sees the people who sit alone are all trying to keep themselves occupied while they are alone eating to make themselves more comfortable. Now personally, I feel really uncomfortable while eating alone, or even waiting or being alone while sitting somewhere. My first reaction to this is to take my phone out and look busy or I make a phone call and hope someone answers. As I mentioned in a comment, I cant really explain why i feel so uncomfortable, its weird lol. And this makes me wonder... If I try to make myself look so busy, does this mean I am losing my chance to make a new friend? If someone was wanting to come up to me because I was alone just to start a conversation, would they hault their approach if I looked busy? Missing an opportunity to meet someone new is even worse than being alone in the first place.. or is it? Maybe I need to just get over my shyness and put myself out there more... Im still working on it anyway.. Is it just me who feels uncomfortable when I am alone in a room with alot of people? or is Phoolendu right and others feel the same way as I do.. Well let me know your thoughts on this :)

Thanks for reading this week :) And I hope everyone as a wonderful Thanksgiving :)
Eat up!!
-Reecie ^_^

1 comment:

Phoolendu Naidoo said...

Glad you found my observation to be true in your own life. I feel as though you are not the only one who has this tendency, as you can obviously tell from my original blog. I think it probably stems from something hardwired in human nature, something psychological perhaps, about feeling inferior and fearing rejection. Not that this necessarily comes out in these situations as a hard emotion, but it is probably a subtle tendency that when investigated would be found to be related to something of this matter. That is just my idea, and more personal thoughts on the matter?